High-level panel discussion: All-change at the EU: more of the same or a chance to set an ambitious green vision for the ‘20s?
This session will address the prospects and priorities for environmental policy as the EU approaches a new legislative cycle and a new decade. Panellists will be invited to discuss the success and failures in advancing environmental policy in the current five-year cycle, the reasons for those successes and failures, the key priorities post-2020 and how we can deliver on those.
- Claire Doole, Journalist, Claire Doole Communications
- Günter Liebel, Director General for Environment and Water Management, Austria
- Benedek Jávor, Member of the European Parliament, Group of the Greens/European Free Alliance
- Celine Charveriat, Executive Director, Institute for European Environmental Policy
- Veronica Manfredi, Director for Quality of Life, European Commission
- Patrick ten Brink, EU Policy Director, European Environmental Bureau